Sunday, August 16, 2015

Saturday's Group Run

I become so giddy towards the end of the week because I know that my group training is coming up on Saturday morning :)  I plan my outfit the night before and make sure all of the electronics and water bottles I need are all prepped and ready to go at 5:30 in the morning.  It's especially helpful when you accidentally fall back asleep IMMEDIATELY after your alarm goes off so that you only have 10 minutes to get out the door and even then you'll still be 10 minutes late... whoops!!  


Thankfully, I made it just in time to take off with my pace group.  We had some pretty amazing views and there was a lot of fog which made it almost chilly.  Shocking for Florida.. haha!  



 We did 1 mile warm up at :45 run :30 walk at about 13:00-13:30 pace.  Then we did 1 mile at race pace going 1:00 run :30 walk at a 12:00 pace.  It was good!  I felt great but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep that pace for very long without the real race adrenaline.  And I felt the aftermath on our way back!  But I made it just fine.


I had convinced myself that I was going to run 8 because I had missed last week's long run and only did 4.5 but I was too hungry already by the time I got ready to run again.  Because I've had issues with blood sugar in the past I really didn't want to risk running low on fuel and hurting myself I only did the 4.5... and now I'm panicking that next week we have to run 10!  I'm sure I'm not the first person in the world to skip a long run but man I am a little worried about getting through next weekend.  But hey, it will only make me stronger, right!

In the afternoon I got to spend time with my running buddy at her end of summer BBQ!  And my brother got to join me so it was a great day :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment