Saturday, September 12, 2015

My New Favorite Thing


       -Here's a hint-

















A few long runs ago my shoes were too tight/short and my one toe was throbbing for hours after we finished.  That day I thought it might help if I laid on my back and put my feet up to make it stop pulsing and it didn't really work for the pulsing but I kind of thought it felt amazing overall.  Since I had only done it once I completely forgot about it until my run on Tuesday (4 miles in the morning).  When I got back I felt super light headed so I laid on my back and put my legs up so I wouldn't faint.  Not only did it help me not faint, it reminded me of the bliss of having my legs up after a run.  All factors leading to my new favorite thing to do :) After I did it a couple times I googled it to see if it was a real thing and saw a few bloggers chatting about it but no real evidence that it's a real thing runners do.  Don't knock it til you try it!

This morning we did 6 miles downtown and "ran the bridges".  I had heard of this bridge running but never really had an opportunity so I was kind of excited to be able to say, "yea, this weekend we're running the bridges.."  Must be a Jacksonville thing.  It's partly on the riverside walk and two of the bridges in Jacksonville - Main street bridge and the Acosta bridge.  It was pretty awesome running along the water so early in the morning and the bridges were beautiful all lit up!


Approaching our first bridge!  This one was short and not too difficult.  The second bridge was much longer and took quite a bit more effort.  But man was the reward excellent being able to feel the breeze at the top of the bridge and run downhill - bliss.  Around the second bridge it started sprinkling and that helped keep us pretty cool but by the time we finished it was downright raining and cold.  I'll take cold over hot any day, though!


First bridge again and only other picture I got.  Pretty!  My friend was joking that Florida is so flat we don't run hills to train we run bridges.  

I'm trying to start planning my runs in Oregon next week!  I need a 14 mile and 8 mile run planned BEFORE I go or it will never happen.. haha.  

Happy running!




No comments:

Post a Comment