Thursday, October 29, 2015

I Swear I'm Alive!

I've been so out of the loop lately with lots of changes going on!  Work has been kicking my butt and it's really all I can do to find the energy to go for a run.  On top of that, I'm moving next month so most of my free time is spent planning and packing.  But I need to get back into the groove and I'm slowly catching up on reading my Bloglovin feed so I figured I need to write a post myself.

I had been waiting for an email about pictures for the Jax Marine Corps Half but never got one so I did some digging last night and found a few!  I'm too cheap to buy the pictures, haha, so I just have messy screen shots to show:


The first two pictures are definitely towards the beginning/middle when I was feeling pretty darn good.  I thought this was going to be one of my best races ever.  Sadly, it went downhill at the end. 


The picture below is right at the end when it was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other.  I wanted to give up and you can feel the defeat on my face.  


And finally at the finish line.  I was so disappointed and so relieved for it to be done and over with.  This was followed by the extremely slow crawl to my car while whining to my dad on the phone, haha! 


I'm not sure there was anything specific I could have done better to prevent the leg/hip cramps.  I want to research more into electrolytes and salt usage while running to see if that could potentially help.  In addition, I'm trying to stretch my hips as frequently as possible.  

Next half marathon = Thanksgiving Day Subaru Classic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment