Saturday, July 4, 2015

Independence Day 4 Miler

Happy 4th of July!!  

I had my 4 mile race this morning that I've been looking forward to for a couple months now.  Overall, it was a great morning!  Here's a little breakdown with lots of pictures:

Part of the fun of a race is getting all of your things prepared the night before.  I thought my local US hat was perfect for America's birthday :)

All of my tech gear.  Garmin, HR monitor, iPod, and gym boss.  I got a reflective belt to carry my phone so I could take pictures of my parents along the way - it worked out very well and didn't move around too much

Walking around getting ready for our race!

It was an out and back so we got to run past each other at one point - lookin good momma!

It was harder to get a picture of my dad cause he was surrounded by people

She's crossing the finish line!

He's crossing the finish line!


Really cool medal!  It's sparkly around the edges and a pretty substantial size!

Here's my stats for the race.  I finally hooked up my Garmin to the connect website for Garmin and got to see how I did.  Pretty fun stuff!  I was happy with my time, more specifically, my 2 mile and 3 mile times were better than they have been lately.  My average pace has been in the 12/13 range so I'm happy to see it just under 12:00.  I just noticed it autocorrected Indep. to Indeed Day 4 miler, haha!

Now I'm off to celebrate with lots of food, family, and friends!  Happy holiday weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) Fourth! Loved how festive your outfit was :) Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

    ReplyDelete