Saturday, July 25, 2015

Out with the Old, In with the New

Happy Long Run Day!

Sadly, my Forerunner 210 conked out on me but it did me good for about 5 years so I can't complain too much.  After going through the fazes of shock, denial, sadness, and acceptance, I'm so excited to say that I finally got my new Garmin Forerunner 220!!


We've been having lots of bad storms in Jacksonville this week so I didn't get to test it out until this morning and boy did it deliver.  Except for one thing - I chose all the opposite of what I wanted for settings because I thought white meant highlighted, not green.  So I said I'm a male, I wanted kg/cm, km instead of miles, and so on and so forth.  That means that this morning while running 5 miles it was measuring in km and I could have screamed.  I didn't know what was wrong at the time and was sad thinking I got a glitched one but my friend said hmm maybe its measuring in km and the lightbulb went off.  THANK GOODNESS it was user error :) 



Kindly ignore the 8:32 average pace, that's per KM NOT miles, haha.  I kept joking with my friend we were setting PRs all morning.  And our part of the group was running way more than the rest of the group, haha!  
What I really love with this watch is that it has bluetooth to hook up to my phone.  So now I can see so much more about my run than I ever thought I wanted to know!  

Ok, I'll stop boring you with a watch most of you already have.  I know I'm behind the curve with technology but I'll catch up one day.  I'm sure now that I got this there will be an even more updated and fantastic one that comes out next week, haha.

Spending the rest of the day with errands, cleaning, and getting my hair cut - wahoo!  Happy running, ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment