Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Little Ridiculous

I will fully admit I had a lot of fun playing with my new running clothes this morning.  I want to wear cute, fun, new clothes that I haven't had since high school... sometimes... haha.  So I've been trying out new workout clothes/shorts in particular and I'm slightly disappointed so far.  Definitely disappointed in the shorts I wore this morning on my run:


Looks cute, right?  I wore my new sports bra that worked pretty well but I think the cups might have been just slightly too big because I started bouncing around a little more than I prefer about 15 minutes in.  I wore my favorite spandex, Nike, under my new shorts and thank goodness I did because those babies rode up like no other...


Yes, this is how I looked 99% of the time I was out today - ridiculous.  The 1% that I didn't look like this was in the moment of pulling my shorts back down.  It's a shame because I really like them otherwise!  But those will definitely be a no-go in the future. 


Here's how I ended up.  The goal was to do 30 minutes at 30 sec R/15 sec W and that I did.  I'm really struggling with my pace mentality.  I used to run 3 miles in 30 minutes in my prime and now I'm only doing 2.3 but I'm still working on getting myself back to tip top condition.  And I'm proud that I was able to keep the same pace I do with my running group on the weekend - no slacking off on my own!  

Thursday I'll try another pair of shorts my mom ordered for me by Brooks.  We shall see!


No comments:

Post a Comment